Friday, January 4, 2008

Christmas Eve

We spent Christmas Eve at Sarah & Javier's house this year. We had a great time hanging out with them, Madison, and my parents. The only person lacking this year was my brother Chris, and he was greatly missed. Chris stayed in New York this year to spend time with his girlfriend Katie, and it sounds like they had a wonderful time.

As has become our Christmas Eve tradition, I made a roast and we sat around watching our favorite Christmas movies: A Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation, and Miracle on 34th Street. Madison got a suit this year similar to Ralphie's bunny costume that even has a bunny sewn on the front... except the hood has bear ears. I don't understand why, but she was definitely adorable in it.




We all had a good time unwrapping our gifts. Dad gave me a new 80 GB iPod, while Steve got me an underwater case for my digital camera for our trip to Cozumel, Mexico in March. I think we had the best time teaching Maddy how to unwrap her presents and showing each of them to her. I think she was more interested in the paper, but that is pretty typical.




I got Madison a ton of books and this really sweet rocking butterfly that plays Fur Elise (Madison's middle name is Elise). Her Uncle Steve bought her a set of Presidential gold coins from the US Mint. Just what every baby needs this year!! ;-)

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Maddy is just adorable in that little pink snowsuit! She is growing up so fast! What fun it must have been to have a new little person joining you at Christmas this year!