Monday, November 3, 2008

Urban Cowgirls

October 30, 2008 - Posted 4 days later


This past week celebrated my good friend Lori King Brown's 32nd birthday with an all out Birthday Extravaganza! It is always fun to go out and let your hair down. Lori wanted to go out and ride a mechanical bull, and amazingly enough... we found one!



Lori, Amy, and I met up at Lori's apartment to get ready for the evening:





Once we looked amazing, we headed out to dinner at Casa Ole. Once we got there, we decided to take a few pictures to show just why we love going there.



Please note that on "Holloween" (because apparently, spelling is not a prerequisite for setting up signs at Casa Ole), your child just needs to be with a costume... not necessarily wearing one.



After dinner, we headed into Houston to find the elusive mechanical bull, along with some of Lori's college friends. I do love the fact that once you get older, every conversation starts out like this:



Person 1: I am so excited to go out, but I can't stay out late. I have to work tomorrow.

Person 2: Oh, yeah. Me too. I just can't function without my sleep anymore.

Person 1: So, we agree... we will be home before midnight!

[fast forward several hours]

Person 1: Holy crap... it's 2 am! I have to be at work by 8!

Person 2: zzzzzz [passed out in back seat]

I hope you enjoyed that recreation. Here are some pictures from the rest of the evening:


A wonderful time was had by all. I got home at 3:15 am and was asleep by 3:20 am. I was awake again by 6:15 am. I was exhausted all day long, but it was still a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My gosh, this was ridiculously fun!!!

I loved it, I loved it, I loved it!!

And all of my Debra Winger fantasies came true!!!

(The re-enactment is hilarious...and SO dead-on...Bahahaha!!!)

Thank you for such a fun night.