Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Happy Birthday!

I had a great birthday this year! As I posted before, I turned 31 years old last week. I thought it would be kind of a downer, but I think I have had one of the most fun birthdays ever (although it's hard to beat last year's big 30th bash). I ended up celebrating twice with two wonderful friends.

The Melting Pot ~

I made reservations on Thursday for Steve and I to go to The Melting Pot, which is an awesome fondue restaurant. I had never been before and have heard so many wonderful things from friends. One of the downfalls of sharing my birthday with Steve is that he would must prefer NOT to celebrate his birthday, where as I love birthdays. So every year we go through the same thing where he wants to go home and I want to go out and one of us is always disappointed. This year he wasn't really excited about fondue, so I let him stay home and took my BFF Monica instead!! It was fabulous! We ended up having the four-course dinner and martinis. We talked, laughed, and enjoyed some wonderful food. We have decided that it should be a birthday tradition (as her birthday is 4 days before mine). Here are a few photos:



Friday~

Not only did I have a great celebration Thursday, but I also met up on Friday with my friend, Winnie, to celebrate our joint birthdays (her's is October 2nd). We went over to the Edward's complex and had dinner at Cafe Adobe. After dinner we went over to what used to be Jillian's (but is now Dave and Busters) to play a little skeeball. We decided that we should be pro-skeeball players as we brought our game faces! After we spent all the money we could stomach on skeeball, we sat out in the courtyard area people watching. In that area you see all kinds of different people. We had a blast. We decided to finish off the night at Red Robin for some killer cocktails. Here are a few pictures:




All in all, my 31st birthday was great fun. Steve got to spend his time at home, which he finally decided wasn't so great after all. Age really is just a number. I am going to have a fabulous year!


No comments: