Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Update: Sick and Stupid

Well, I attempted to go to work yesterday even though I was still feeling crummy. After an hour or so, I realized that I was still really sick. But, I wanted to stick it out until my doctor's appointment that afternoon. I spent the day coughing the black cough of death until it was time to leave.

I ended up waiting over an hour in the waiting room to see my doctor. Side note - I bumped into my friend, Toni, while in the waiting room. Small world! Anyway, I finally got in to see the doctor and he told me that I have an upper respiratory infection, "but not quite bronchitis" and that I came in at a good time. Thank God because I don't want to feel any worse than I already do! He prescribed me a Z-pack and sent me on my way.

So, today I decided not to infect the entire office and stayed home to rest. I may stay home again tomorrow because I don't want to prolong the illness any further than I have to. Ugh. Hopefully in a few days I will be back to my old self! Until then, I will be lounging in the land of cough drops!

No comments: