Friday, February 29, 2008

I am Thankful

I have been ridiculously stressed for the past month or so. I had my annual well woman exam in January, and my doctor found a lump in my left breast. I have a condition called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which makes life oh so much fun, but will often lead to Fibrocystic Breast Disorder (no biggie, just annoying). My doc said she was pretty sure is was just a fibroid, but wanted to send me for an ultrasound just in case. I didn't get freaked out about this, because she was pretty calm, and didn't act like it was a huge rush.

I scheduled an appointment for an ultrasound in her office on a Saturday. When I get there, the lady is like, "Get undressed from the waist down and hop up on the table." I'm like, "Uhhh, this is a breast ultrasound!?!?!?" She looks at me like I am from Mars and tells me they don't do those in the office. Then why did they schedule it there? Crazies. So, I scheduled another ultrasound at a local imaging center and after I had the procedure done, they told me it would be 3 days before they got the results back to my doctor.

Three weeks later, I finally get someone to call me back from my doctor's office. When someone tells you there is a lump in your breast, you can wait calmly for about a week. After that, your brain becomes panic-stricken and you start to imagine the worst. The stress of this mess has caused a lot of problems physically for me the past two weeks, as apparently, I have zero coping skills. So, I finally hear back that everything was negative (in a good way - all things normal). Yay.

I am so thankful that I am healthy. The possibilities were scary, and not something I ever want to deal with again.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yeah, that's just what you needed. Can't imagine this helped your health lately. :-(