Saturday, March 8, 2008

What a Miserable Week

I posted the other day that I haven't been feeling well lately. I thought everything was stress and would eventually pass. Last Saturday, I went to pick up Madison to take her on her first trip to the zoo and on the way I ended up getting a flat tire on the freeway. Madison's daddy was awesome and came out to change the tire for me. He ended up taking her back home so I could go to the tire store and get the tire replaced. While waiting for my replacement tire, I began to feel really anxious and sick. By the time I got home, I was vomitting and basically miserable. We had plans to have dinner with friends, and I wanted to back out. Steve convinced me that I ought to go, and against my better judgment, I did. Never ignore your instincts. I was sick the whole time and miserable. We came home and I was up all night feeling slightly worse than death warmed over. This continued through Monday morning.

I went to the doctor Monday morning once I realized that in less than 48 hours, I had lost 16 lbs. Once examined, the doctor's office called the ambulance and I was taken to the Emergency Room for a closer examination. The ER doctor did not like the look of my tests, so he had me admitted to the hospital. I was so relieved. In the past, I have visited the ER and have been sent home without answers, or feeling better. After more extensive testing, the doctors have determined that I have a problem with my stomach where the contents do not drain as normal, which causes a lot of problems. They also found 2 ulcers, a polyp (removed now), and a hiatal hernia. The doctor feels that I had this problem mildly before my lap band surgery, but that the procedure has aggrevated the condition. He has recommended that I have the band surgically removed. I am looking into that. After 5 days of medication and rest, I was able to come home yesterday. Today I am trying to take it easy and recupperate.

Hopefully with this new discovery I will finally be on the road to recovery. I have been sick for about a year basically, which doesn't feel good at all.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What terrible news! I'm so glad to hear that you are a bit better but so sorry to hear all you went through last week. Please keep us updated on your progress.