Thursday, July 5, 2007

Maddy's first 4th of July

We spent July 4th with Sarah, Javier, and Madison yesterday and it was a lot of fun. We tried to dress Maddy up as best as we could, but until the umbillical stump falls off, we were a little limited. She had on the cutest red newborn shorts and white t-shirt. Sarah topped off the look with an adorable hat that she absolutely hated. Mostly the chin strap, but it was really cute. Here is what she looked like:

Maddy really is adorable. She gives me the best smiles and it just melts my heart. Her Uncle Steve is smitten and always searching to see where she is, but is still too scared to really hold her. Mom gave her to him once and he looked terrified.
I can't wait until she gets a little older and starts talking. Maybe one day she can get her first Cates cousin (hint hint).
Maddy's Pawpaw O's wasn't able to come hang out with us, but he requested many pictures. I took 58 pictures... hopefully that filled the order! Sarah mentioned that the hat looked a little like a sailor hat, and we figured PawPaw would love that.
Steve and Javier stood around the grill making sure that we had plenty to eat. Steve absolutely loves Javier's cooking, and I think he would move in there if I let him. Goofball. Steve had exciting news this week, but I am waiting for a picture to announce it. Stay tuned!
Happy 4th of July everyone!

No comments: