Monday, July 2, 2007

Thoughts on a wonderful family

I have been thinking a lot about family after this weekend. I am so thankful to have a wonderful extended family who really care about each other. They don't show up unannounced, or act put out that your place isn't spotless. They are always there to include anyone who may been feeling alone, or just in need of family bonding. I have been blessed with this wonderful support system around me, and I am just so thankful that I am in this family, and not some others.

My window of tolerance for unappreciative, rude people has closed. I am getting too old in my life to allow people to act ugly or hateful to the people in my life. I have made a choice to surround myself with people that are truly worthy of time and attention (if you haven't heard from me lately... um... there's probably a reason LOL).

Steve's family is so small and scattered to the 4 winds it seems, so I am so glad that my family has really taken him in with open arms and treated him as one of our own. We often joke that he should have changed his name to Blessitt when we got married, since we try to be an active part of the family goings-on. Steve is always asking how everyone is, and I know we both wish that we all got together more often (hint, hint!!). He also adores his new niece, Madison, whether he cares to admit it or not.

I am glad that Chris was able to make it in from New York in time to meet Maddy! We were starting to wonder if she would be so late that she would miss him all together! But, he got to visit her in the hospital, and it was his first baby-holding experience (forced upon him, I guarantee you!). He is, however, as smitten with her as the rest of us. Hopefully the draw of spoiling his niece will bring him back to Texas more often!!

No comments: