Monday, July 30, 2007

Moving on up!

Two really interesting things happened to me this month. First, I was approached by a professional connection to be interviewed to be in his new book on what successful people do that everyone else doesn't. Wow! I thought that was pretty cool. I don't know that I look at my life and say, "Hmm, yes, I am really successful," but I guess professionally I am. I have managed to do more in the 16 months I have been there than has ever been done in the history of this company (with what I do, anyway). EVER! That is both awesome and sad that everyone else before me was a complete waste of space. Oh well.

Second, today I was approached by another nationally known speaker and asked to co-author an article that will go out to literally 1 million people (nurses, I think) around the country. That is pretty cool! I have admired this woman's work for years and I was just blown away that she would ask me to do something like this with her. This has been a huge validation that what I am doing is making a difference. Even if I am still underpaid (cheap bastards).

I am super excited for the opportunities to be published. I am also looking to see if I can move into a different role soon professionally. I would really like to be doing so much more than I am, and I think I am making the connections to start making a move in a different direction.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always said I married the smartest woman I have met

Melanie said...

You are moving on up! It seems like things are getting better all the time for you!

Congratulations on your success!