Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Mashed Potato Day!!

Well, Thanksgiving is upon us once again. I will make my proclaimation loud and proud - I HATE TURKEY!!! I don't know where my hatred of turkey comes from, but I hate everything about it. I am not a fan of most of the "traditional" Thanksgiving foods. I have always sworn that when it is MY turn to take over Thanksgiving we would be having Chicken Fried Steak. You laugh... but it's finally my turn ;-)

After 10 straight years with Dad's family, this year we decided to spend Thanksgiving with Mom. My sister has to work until 3 pm, so we will be having dinner at her house. It should be interesting. What was supposed to be a fun, relaxing day for 5 people has turned into a Thanksgiving circus for 15, with TURKEY! Blah!!! I don't care. I am still making Chicken Fried Steak and those who don't like it can suck it.

I have many things to be thakful for this year. Steve has been doing very well at his new real estate gig, which has helped us out a lot. We continue to be blessed with The Pico (see our pup in my blog below). He is 8 1/2 years old, but still in decent health, despite being a chubby little puppy. I was blessed with a beautiful niece this year, and her mommy is in much better health than we anticipated after her brain tumor scare. I feel so lucky to have them in my life - happy and healthy. My own health is doing much better now than earlier in the year, so I am truly thankful to NOT be in the hospital (again). Unfortunately, my brother Chris couldn't make it down for Thanksgiving, but we are looking forward to spending time with him at Christmas. I am also truly thankful that both parents are in relative good health, and that I still have my grandmother. We lost Pawpaw in September, but I am thankful that the suffering he faced for a long time was finally over.

So, I proudly say to you ~ Happy Mashed Potato Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Turkey is over-rated. It's only there to allow us the pleasure of stuffing and mashed potatos. So I hope you enjoyed your day, regardless of the food involved!