Monday, November 19, 2007

Procrastination to the Point of Comatose

I will be the first to admit that I am a MAJOR procrastinator. I don't know why, but I just can't seem to motivate myself to take that next step. In the last two years, I have hit a creative-genius spurt and have come up with several great ideas for businesses and books, but for some reason can't find the drive to put those great ideas into action. I have to ask myself ~ Am I afraid to fail, or am I afraid to succeed.

For the past few years, I have found myself completely resentful of Steve's lack of working situation, and have done little to go out of my way to try anything new. I think part of me says, "Why should I when I am the one who already has the full-time gig?" I know that is not the most mature sentiment, especially when I really think these are great ideas. I know that I should go for them. Why is getting off the couch so damn hard??

I know that with success comes a sense of accomplishment and a drive to do even more. I think my own passive aggressive tendencies have gotten in the way of what I want for the past few years. I despise having to be "the responsible one" all the time, but I guess that is honestly who I am.
Setting my own goals and dreams aside to spite someone else is so lame. I just need to take the plunge.




No comments: