Wednesday, August 22, 2007

911 Redux

Well, after my last blog, my troubles weren't quite over. I spent the majority of the day Sunday sleeping. When I got up Monday, the anxiety and nausea was back in full force. They had told us in the ER on Saturday that if it didn't get under control I would have to be admitted to the hospital for fluids. So, we called my doctor to see what they wanted me to do. Since there was anxiety attached, they wanted us to call my Behavioral Health number on my insurance card. I lost it, sobbing that I wasn't crazy, I was sick. Steve made some follow-up phone calls in a not-so-nice-tone, and they finally agreed to see me. I drove myself to the doctor and began getting sick immediately. They ended up rushing me to St. John's Hospital by ambulance where I got to hang out in the Emergency Room for about 7 hours. Good times. After numerous tests, a CAT-scan, and God knows what else (I was kind of out of it), they determined that I had an infection and gave me some antibiotics, anxiety medicine, and vicodin for pain and sent me home.

After sleeping most of the day yesterday, I am feeling a little better. I finally ate a little soup last night for the first time since Saturday afternoon, which also helped.

Monica and Trinity came over and brought me some beautiful flowers. Trinity (age 4) wanted to know if the "bugs" in my tummy were ants. Kids are adorable. Steve also bought me a gorgeous arrangement of flowers, which were the first I have ever received from him in 9 years. I haven't had the energy yet to take pictures of them, but I will post them as soon as I do.

Thanks to everyone for your love and support while I have been feeling bad. It really helps to know that the people around you are there when you need them.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh, my! I hope that the infection clears up quickly and that it was the cause of your anxiety and other issues. So sorry that you had to spend so much time in the ER...I know that's not fun.

Hope you're on the road to recovery. Please keep us updated.

Oh, yeah...can't wait to see pics of the flowers, too!