Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike - Update

Well, we ended up evacuating. When I woke up this morning, I just didn't feel right staying so close to the storm surge. Blah. I tried to get my mother to come in with us to my aunt & uncle's house, but she refused. I did not want to leave her, but short of konking her on the head and stuffing her into the trunk (which I did not do, FBI search bot), I had to go.


My family's house is far enough into Houston where we shouldn't have any trouble with water (I hope) but we might get some wind. I don't know what will happen at our apartment. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

But meanwhile, we have been having a blast making fun of reporters, and stupid reporter buzz words. I will soon have a blog post of annoying phrases we never want to hear again. Stay tuned!!


Here are a few pictures of our evacuation and Hurricane party, so far:

Pico evacuated

Lindsey & Linda preparing the essentials - beer & junk food

Preparing to "hunker down" and "shelter in place"

Watching the news... bashing reporters

Chillaxin'



The wind... uh... not blowing


Faux-reporter, Aunt Linda, being blown away by the power of the storm




The twins - Aunt Linda and Uncle Larry


Hunkered Down - Blessitt Style (Liz, Lindsey, Linda, & Connie)


The Flying Nun

The Boys are playing Wii

Lindsey is Big Pimpin'

Wii Baseball Showdown - Doug vs. Steve

I just know I will regret making fun of this later. I am very concerned about the condition of my apartment. This is just a way to keep from thinking about it.

PSA - The media in Houston is ridiculous.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I'm glad to hear that you fared well. Looks like you guys had a blast! I hope everything is okay back home. Post an update when you have the chance.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Linda looks like she is super hilarious.

That is all I have to say.