Sunday, March 16, 2008

Cozumel - Day 2

March 16, 2008

So, when I went to bed last night, I ended up taking a Benedryl to keep me from having any allergy problems from the new room and bed I was sleeping in. I don't know if it was that, or sheer exhaustion, but I slept like a log! Steve, on the other hand, wasn't so lucky. Our room has a king-sized bed and a twin bed (the villa is 5 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and sleeps 14), so I let Steve have the big bed to himself and I took the twin bed, which was MUCH more comfortable. I got up about 7 am local time (8:00 am at home) and went and met Randy & Melissa (Father-in-law and step-mother-in-law) at the hotel next door for breakfast. After breakfast I came back to the villa and read a little. It is wonderful to relax and read without chores or other things looming over you.

We finally got Steve out of bed at noon and went to lunch. I didn't catch the name, but it was Mexican food, unlike yesterday. It was GOOD. Then we shopped a little and took a drive around the island. After, literally, 5 minutes at a beach, we loaded back into the car and drove back to the villa. Everyone got back in their bathing suits and we all hopped into the ocean and snorkelled around for a while. We had so much fun and saw three rays and a ton of fish. I am looking forward to doing it more the rest of the week and getting some great pictures with my digital camera (complete with underwater case!).

We are all showered and dressed and heading out for dinner in a few minutes (Sunday is the cook's day off). We will probably end up going back to the hotel next door, since it is so close. After dinner I will probably read, and then go to bed early. This is one of those places where you want to go to bed early so you can wake up and great the day. Maybe that is just me. I have never been a morning person, but it really is amazing just how beautiful the mornings are here. Truly breath-taking.

No comments: