Monday, March 17, 2008

Cozumel - Day 3

March 17, 2008 ~ Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

Not that we remembered or cared that it was St. Pat's Day. Ah well.

Today we had a delicious breakfast prepared by our cook, Isabel. The pancakes and bacon were really yummy. After breakfast we took a quick trip into town to find Tequilla and the grocery store. After that trip, we all ran in and changed into bathing suits and flung ourselves into the ocean to snorkel. We also got the bright idea to feed the fish so that we would have more to look at. If it ever comes up in conversation, tropical fish LOVE dog food. Just sayin...

After snorkeling, I laid out for a little while and got a small sunburn (my first of 2008!). Steve and his dad went on an ATV ride through the "jungle" while Melissa, Chelsea, Amanda, and I went back to Margaritaville for lunch. On the way back from lunch, we stopped at the grocery store again to get more beer. I think that our group have gone through 5 cases of beer since we got here 2 days ago. Note, only 3-4 of the 9 people actually drink beer.

After lunch I laid around reading while other went snorkeling again. I didn't want to risk a more severe burn. I need to give this one overnight to set up into a tan. Dinner was chile rellanos that were stuffed with cheese and shrimp. OMG - SO good!! We won't know what to do with ourselves when we go back home! Right now, I am relaxing with my book while the others play beach volleyball in our yard. I am the first to admit that I do not have a single athletic bone in my body, except for snorkeling. I really enjoy the hell out of snorkeling. We saw a lot of fish today and even a barracuda! I do plan to go back out tomorrow, but not without my SPF 50 sunblock (Steve took off with mine to go on the ATV trip).

No comments: