Sunday, March 23, 2008

Goodbye Cozumel, Hello Rosenberg!

March 22, 2008

Today was our day to leave. We awoke before 7am and finished the last minute packing. We had our breakfast quickly (french toast) and scrambled around making sure we hadn't left anything behind. By 8:00 am, we were all piled into the van and heading for the airport. Our flight wasn't until 11:10 am, but we wanted to have plenty of time to return the rental cars and get checked in. It is a good thing we allowed for the extra time because returning the cars took forever!!!

We finally got through security (several times) and got onto the plane. It was a TERRIBLE ride home. Since I had been sick throughout the week, my ears plugged up on the plane and literally brought me to tears. I finally got them unplugged, but I had to fight with them the entire 2 hours. I know that doesn't sound like a long time, but when you are in pain, it is. We finally made it off the plane, through customs, and got picked up by my dad.

We went straight from the airport out to Rosenberg to my family's Easter party. We had a great time visiting with everyone and watching the little ones hunt for Easter eggs. We rode around on the golf carts and looked at all the animals, and just spent time visiting with my cousins who were in from Florida. Everyone had a blast. We were exhausted, but happy to be among those that we love. We came home to visit with our puppy (my dad was nice enough to house-sit while we were gone) whom we hadn't seen in a week. He was so excited for us to be home.

Pictures for our trip are now available on my photo website:
www.elizabethsphotohut.smugmug.com

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow! Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time!